Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Push present?

I recently learned about a push present. A push present is basically a gift that a man gives the woman after she gives birth to their child. Hmmmmmm. A present for delivering? A present for "push"-ing? That sounds like a genius idea! Pregnancy is seriously so much harder than I ever thought it would be. The first 3 months were so hard. I was beyond fatigued and nauseous all day long. ALL DAY. EVERY DAY. I was one of the lucky ones who didn't throw up, for which I am thankful. But, it is HARD. And even now, at 18 weeks, it still feels difficult. I am alert and working. I have more energy, but the body is siphoning most of my energy for the baby. I am happy to share my energy, but the idea that the man is supposed to give a present for childbirth sounds about right to me! I shared this with my husband, of course. And we laughed about it and then he called me greedy. Maybe I am. But, a girl can dream. And a girl certainly does deserve a present from her man for working this hard to grow a baby.

My idea of perfect push presents.

Victorian Garnet snake ring ($995) What? A victorian snake ring? Snakes are my favorite. I mean, earrings, rings, pins, necklaces? I have snakes in every form, but still can't get enough. Victorian snakes are the best. The craftsmanship is way cool. The age of the item is so special. And the idea that snakes symbolized eternal love to persons of that era? It's beautiful in every way. And so is this ring.



jennifer meyer lapis heart ($3125) I love hearts. I love lapis. A lapis heart can clearly do no wrong in my book.



Nina Ricci medium ondine Tote ($995) Wouldn't this be the most stylish and versatile diaper bag ever? 


So, I am not really asking for these things from my husband. Especially not a necklace for over 3 grand. But, if money were no object and babies didn't already cost a fortune? These things would so be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment